Waco, TX Guitar Lessons
Exum Studio Of Guitar
Exum Studio Of Guitar offers guitar lessons to the Waco, TX area. Guitar instructor Frank Exum is celebrating over 30 years of teaching to the guitar community.
My mission is to provide custom tailored, one on one guitar instruction to assist students in meeting their musical goals no matter how eclectic their taste may be. Through study with the Guitar Studio students can expect to develop and hone their skills in all aspects of guitar performance including:
- showing the student how to learn songs from recordings and or videos
- reading standard music notation and interpretation
- music theory and ear training: beginning and advanced levels
- developing and revealing a unique voice, personality and self expression through the music no matter what genre
- learning or improving improvisational skills in soloing from a harmonic as well as scalar stand point along with playing with recording and with other musicians
- transcribing and learning songs from recorded music in standard notation and lead sheets
- public performance,
- coordinating musical activities for groups or the entire family, the one method of family bonding
- showing the student how to conduct a band rehearsal
- helps aspiring guitar instructors be the best that they can be to further the cause of our beloved instrument
- choosing repertoire according to the students request
To help students meet these goals, I provide:
- one on one instruction
- the best guitar exercises available,
- assistance in developing a daily practice plan
- opportunities for public performance
- access to the teacher seven days a week
- experience needed to play any form of music
- how to prepare for a concert or tour
- playing opportunities with other musicians on the same skill level
Should your goal be admission to any major collegiate guitar program or to begin guitar instruction yourself, I will help prepare you to meet that goal.
All ages taught, from 4 and up.
$130 per month (4 – 5) 1 hour lessons
$97.50 per month (4 – 5) 45 min. lessons
$65.00 per month (4 – 5) 30 min. lessons
Exum Studio of Guitar is specifically designed for guitar instruction. This is not a merchandise store with a side line for instruction. I am academically and technically prepared to teach the following styles of music:
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education and Guitar from the East Texas State University, and an Associate’s degree in Music from Blinn college. I have also done studies with Michael Daily in Spanish and classical guitar, and study of Jazz for Masters of Music at the University of North Texas.
Some of my great teachers include: Joe Barauskas in Houston, Texas; Bob Bullard at Blinn College in Brenham, Texas; Bill Gorham*; Dr. Harris, Dr. Bertran Davis at East Texas State University; Sam Walker, John Stickler and Fred Hamilton at University of North Texas; Dan Word; and Michael Daily** in Spanish and Classical guitar.
*Bill Gorham was a seventh generation Beethoven student
**Michael Daily studied privately with Andres Segovia, Manuel Lopez Ramos and Pepe Romero.
I have performed in many states in the Continental U.S., Mexico, Central America, Great Britain, France, Liechtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Italy.
Local Venues where I have performed include:
El Chico, Basaberu Restaurant, La Fiesta restaurant, The Palladium, Mission Rec Center, Carleen Bright Arboretum, Bosque Conservatory of Fine Arts, Belk Department Store, Heritage Square, Bill Logue Center, Kate Ross Center, Texas Playhouse, Waco Hall, Miller Chapel, Moon River Ranch, Cameron Park Zoo, Indian Springs Park, Brazos River Stage, Waco Convention Center, Waco Hilton, Mission Waco, World Cup Cafe, Cottonwood Country Club, MCC Art Center, Bellmeade Civic Center, Jubilee Theatre, 1424 restaurant, Richland Mall, Klassy Glass Wine Bar, Croft Art Gallery, Legacy Art Gallery and Cafe, Hotel Indigo, Valley Mills Winery, Water Works Restaurant (Club Legacy), Lake Shore Estates, The Renaissance Festival, The Elite Café, City of Waco Multipurpose Center, Argent Studios, Al Miraj, The Green Room, Ridgewood Country Club, Waco VFW, Waco Veterans Administration, Texas Sports Hall of Fame.
I have performed with the following local bands: A.J. Moore Jazz Band, Aquillah High School Jazz Band, Midway Middle School Choir, Jan Forney Duo & Quartet, Ermoian Brothers Band, Dirty Echos Band, Venus Envy band, Cake in the Hall, Buffalo Hearts, Royce Montgomery House Band, Richard Thomas Trio, Quartet & Quintet, Richard Thomas Tribute Band, Sprattattack, Waco Civic Theater Pit Orchestra, Waco Lyric Opera, Lovers Leap Baptist Church Band, Stonehenge and Venus Envy.
I have also performed with the following local artists: Aservant, Ben Atkinson, Bob Austin, Sherman Ayres, CaCean Ballou, Classie Ballou, CamRom Ballou, Terry Bell, Vincent Bryce, Jenifer E., Chris Ermoian, Jeff Ermoian, TJ Ermoian, Jan Forney, Jeremy Gautier, Larry Hernandez Terry Isaacs, Jimmy Jones, Trammell Kelly, Bo Kennedy, John Kutz, Larry Mathis, Royce Montgomery, Susie Ochoa, Daniel Pacheco, Luis Ramos, George Spratt, Byron Swann, Richard Thomas, Nash Turbeville, Guillermo Villar, Wes Wells, Dave Wild, Iris Willoughby.
Contact Exum Studio Of Guitar today at 254-776-8188.
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 – 9:00
Friday: 1:00 – 7:00
Saturday: 9:00 - 5:00